Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Has The Story Of Prophet Moses Reached Thee?


The story of how Prophet Moses (SAW) was chosen and told of his mission, has mystic meaning. He was true to his family and solicitous  for their welfare. Encamped in the desert, He saw a fire far off. Approaching he found it was holy ground. Allah (SWT) did reveal Himself to him, so that he saw life in things lifeless, and light in his glorified Hand, that shone white with light divine. Armed with these Signs he was told to go forth on his mission. But he thought of his brother Aaron, and prayed that Allah (SWT) might join him in his mission, and his prayer was granted. 

Has the story of Moses reached thee?

Behold, he saw a fire: so he said to his family, "Tarry ye; I perceive a fire; perhaps I can bring you some burning brand therefrom, or find some guidance at the fire."

But when he came to the fire, a voice was heard: "O Moses! Verily I am thy Lord! therefore (in My presence) put off thy shoes: thou art in the sacred valley Tuwa. I have chosen thee: listen, then to the inspiration (sent to thee)."

"Verily the Hour is coming my design is to keep it hidden for every soul to receive its reward by the measure of its Endeavour."

"Therefore let not such as Believe not therein but follow their own lusts, divert thee therefrom, lest thou perish!"

"And what is that in thy right hand, O Moses?"

He said, "It is my rod: on it L lean; with it I beat down fodder for my flocks; and in it I find other uses."

Allah (SWT) said, "Throw it, O Moses!"

He threw it, and behold! it was a snake, active in motion.

Allah (SWT) said, "Seize it and fear not: We shall return it at once to its former condition."

"Now draw thy hand close to thy side: It shall come forth white (and shining), without harm (or stain) as another Sign in order that We  may show thee (two) of Our Greater Signs."

"Go thou to Pharaoh, for he had indeed transgressed all bounds."

(Moses) said: "O my Lord expand me my breast; ease my task for me; and remove the impediment from my speech,"

"So they may understand what I say: and give me a Minister from my family, Aaron, my brother; add to my strength through him, and make him share my task: that we may celebrate thy praise without stint, and remember Thee that (ever) regardeth us."

Allah (SWT) said "Granted is thy prayer, O Moses!"
[Surah Taha, 20:9-36]

No comments:

Post a Comment